Monday, March 16, 2009

Web-Based Storage or photo site/photo sharing site

Photobucket

The name of the web-based photo storage and photo sharing site I chose is Photobucket. The type of storage is photo and video storage as well as a sharing site. It was founded in 2003 by Alex Welch and Darren Crystal and acquired by Fox Interactive Media, Inc. in 2007. There is no cost; it is a free photo storage and sharing site. In order to use this web site all you have to do is create a user name and password, and then upload your pictures.

There are many pros to using web-based storage such as less memory used up on your computer, being able to delete your memory card without losing your pictures, and having easy access to your photos where ever internet access is available. Two reasons why I would use a web-based storage site would be to free up memory space on my computer to help it run faster, and to be able to upload pictures easier to my facebook.com or myspace.com.

A few cons in using web-based photo storage are that: anyone has access to and can view your photos, whether you know them or not, and if someone figures out your password they are able to make changes to your account and delete pictures. Two reasons why I would not use a web-based photo storage is because I would be concerned with who is viewing my photos and also the risk of losing pictures due to deleting by a person who found my password.

No comments:

Post a Comment